E Construction Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 300 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
Our Ft. McMurray division is currently looking for a PROJECT ENGINEER
- Extensive experience in dealing with and building effective relationships with customers, including a wide range of customer personnel.
- Perform pre-tender site investigations to assess project feasibility and constructability
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team of professionals and trades people in the execution of projects.
- Prepare presentable and accurate cost estimates
- Review cost estimate with manager 24 hours prior to tender closing date
- Submit completed tender on time
- Liaise with operations and project supervisors throughout entire project
- Track progress of project and assist with extra prices, troubleshooting to ensure overall success of project
- After project award, pass correct costing and sales information to project accountant
- Conduct handoff meeting with operations (including distribution of approved construction drawings and documents)
- Complete understanding of relevant project specifications
- Identify all risks associated with each project
- Identify and initiate the ordering of unique job materials
- Ensure each job has a proper contractual agreement, (i.e. indemnification agreement, purchase order)
You have advanced computer skills, a P. Eng designation OR a combination of education, skills and experience will be considered, a minimum of 5-8 years of construction related experience. We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as excellent opportunities for professional growth.